Terms and Conditions (Terms)
1. Participation in this Canon New Zealand ‘Focus On You’ Competition 2023 (Competition) is deemed acceptance of these Terms. Information and instructions on how to participate form part of these Terms.
2. This Competition starts at 3:00 pm NZST on 05/10/2023 and ends at 3:00pm NZST on 13/12/2023 (Promotion Period).
3. This Competition requires individuals to take a quiz answering questions about themselves to go in a draw to win a prize up to the value of $1,000.00 comprising the products listed in clause 13.
4. This Competition is only open to individual New Zealand residents who are not employees (or immediate family members of employees) of the Promoter or its related companies (Participants).
5. Participants under the age of 18 must have the written consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter this Competition.
How to Enter
6. On 05/10/2023, the Promoter will announce the Competition through:
a) Canon Australia and Canon New Zealand Facebook channels;
b) Canon Australia and Canon New Zealand Instagram channels;
d) www.canon.co.nz; and
e) emails to individuals subscribed to receive marketing communications from Promoter.
(referred to collectively as Posts)
7. To enter this Competition (Entry), Participants must use the link in the Posts to complete and submit a competition entry form.
8. Only one Entry is permitted per person, and all Entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than 13/12/2023.
9. By submitting an Entry, Participants consent to receiving marketing communications and information from Promoter regarding the latest offers and promotions of Canon products and services.
10. This Competition is a game of chance, and the Promoter will award the prize described in clause 13 at random (Winner).
11. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. No responsibility is accepted for any Entry that is late, lost or misdirected, or if a Winner does not claim their Prize in accordance with these terms.
13. The Winner of the Competition will receive a $1000 Digital Preezee Gift Card (Prize).
14. Canon Australia has the right to replace the Prize with another item of similar value in their absolute discretion if for any reason any part of the Prize is not available. Claiming the Prize
15. A draw will take place on 3:00pm (NZST) 14/12/2023 at the head office of the Promoter at Canon New Zealand, Akoranga Business Park 28 The Warehouse Way, Northcote, Auckland 0627, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The first valid Entry drawn will win the Prize.
16. The Winner will be notified via email from the Promoter to the email address provided on their competition entry form, and they must follow the instructions in the email to claim their Prize.
17. The name of the Winner will be announced on the Canon Australia and Canon New Zealand Facebook and Instagram channels to all Participants, and the Winner consents to the Promoter publishing their name in this announcement.
18. The Winner must provide their name and address in order to claim the Prize.
19. If the Winner:
a. does not claim their Prize according to the instructions specified in the Promoter’s email (including by not providing a correct address for the Prize to be delivered to by the stated due date); or
b. cannot provide suitable proof as to eligibility or compliance with these Terms, they will forfeit the Prize in its entirety and the Promoter will choose an alternate winner at random from the rest of the Entries at their sole discretion.
20. If the Winner forfeits the Prize, a secondary draw may take place 3:00pm on 20/12/2023 at the head office of the Promoter at The Park Estate, 5 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
21. The Prize or any unused portion of a Prize is not exchangeable for cash or goods and is not transferrable. The Promoter will not compensate the Winner in any way for a Prize that has not been claimed within the time limits and in accordance with the instructions given to the Winner.
22. The Prize must be activated within 6 months of receipt and will be valid for a period of 3 years from the date of issue. After this period, the Prize will no longer be valid. Participants have no right to receive a refund for any unused value remaining after the expiry date.
Participant’s Warranties and Indemnity
23. Each Participant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims in connection with a failure by them to comply with these Terms.
24. Each Participant agrees that they are fully responsible for each Entry they submit, and is fully responsible for any equipment, materials, licences, or other costs required for or associated with each such Entry. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes any liability, or any costs borne by the Participant in submitting their Entry.
25. This Competition is in no way endorsed, sponsored or affiliated with Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn or Google. Each Participant agrees to indemnify Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn or Google against all costs and claims arising in connection with a failure by them to comply with these Terms, or otherwise arising in connection with this Competition.
26. By accepting these Terms, the Participants confirm they have reviewed and accepted the policies, terms and conditions of Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn and Google.
Conditions that may Invalidate Entries, Participants or the Competition
27. The Promoter reserves the right to reject, disqualify, remove, or moderate any Entry that it determines, in its sole discretion, does not fit the criteria set out in these Terms.
28. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated by the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to: a. to disqualify any Participant; or b. modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition as appropriate.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Participant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or to be acting in violation of these Terms.
30. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
31. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct this Competition. The Promoter may, for the purpose of conducting this Competition, disclose such information to third parties, including agents, contractors, service providers, suppliers and, as required, to regulatory agencies. Participation is conditional on providing this information.
33. In addition to any rights that may be granted by an Entrant in accordance with Instagram’s terms and conditions, by submitting an Entry, Participants grant the Promoter permission to re-post any of their Entries (including Instagram username/handle) on Instagram, Facebook and/or TikTok. The Promoter agrees to attribute the Participants by their Instagram username.
34. Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude, or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under New Zealand consumer legislation in New Zealand (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
35. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this Competition including (but not limited to) out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any Entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these terms; (e) any tax liability incurred by a Participant; or (f) use of the Prize.
36. These Terms may change, and the Promoter will inform Participants of any changes as soon as reasonably possible.
37. The Promoter will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the timeframes specified in these Terms are met, but Participants accept that time frames may vary due to circumstances outside the Promoter’s reasonable control, including but not limited to postal delays or delays in bank processing.
38. All money amounts in these Terms are in New Zealand Dollars inclusive of GST.
39. If any provision of these Terms is unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be severed from these Terms and the remaining Terms will remain in full force and effect.
40. These Terms are governed by the laws in New Zealand. All Participants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
41. The Promoter is Canon New Zealand Ltd of Canon House, 28 The Warehouse Way, Northcote, Auckland, 0627, New Zealand (Promoter). END