1. By entering into this application process, the Applicant agrees to these terms.
2. Applicants can be either an individual New Zealand resident, entering on behalf of a group, or an New Zealand legal entity (Applicant).
3. Canon New Zealand Limited (Canon) will award up to $5,000 including GST (Grant) value of Canon consumer products (including digital cameras, digital video cameras, inkjet and photo printers, binoculars, flatbed scanners, photographic lenses, small-office multifunctional devices) (Canon Product) to a successful Applicant (Grant Recipient) based on these terms and the application form.
4. The value of Canon Products is determined by the retail price stated in the Canon official online store available at shop.canon.co.nz
5. Applicants may apply for a Grant in one of the following categories:
a. Environmental Grant: An environmental project with significance to New Zealand (Environmental Category);
b. Education/School Grant: An educational project run by an ECS, primary, Intermediate, secondary school or tertiary institution (Education Category);
c. Community/Social Grant: A community or social project with significance to a local community provided the project has or will be implemented in New Zealand only (Community Category).
6. To apply, Applicants must:
a. complete Canon’s 2017 Community Grants Program application form located on Canon’s website; and
b. provide either:
i. Option A: a pictorial representation of the Applicant’s aims such as a photograph, drawing, collage or artistic representation; or
ii. Option B: a short video representation of the Applicant’s aims that is no longer than 30 seconds and made available to Canon via a link to download online (Application).
7. Applications open on 5 June 2017. Canon must receive applications via its online submission page at [canon.co.nz/inspiringtomorrow] by 5.00pm Friday 4 August 2017.
8. Applicants may only submit one Application per category.
9. Canon recommends Applicants make a copy of their entire Application as they will not be returned.
10. Canon will judge each Application based on the proposed impact of the project and its uniqueness, and the importance of the Grant and the Canon Product to realising the project’s success, in its sole discretion. Canon will only judge based on the required application material stated in clause 6. No consideration will be given to any other supporting material or additional pages provided.
11. Based on the above criteria, Canon will award 3 Grants in total; 1 Grant in the Environmental Category, 1 Grant in the Education Category and 1 Grant in the Community Category (Grant Recipients).
12. Canon will announce the Grant Recipients by 15 September 2017 by direct email to the Grant Recipients, and publicly on its website www.canon.co.nz and selected official social media channels.
13. Canon will award the specific Canon Product making up the Grant to the Grant Recipients based on Canon’s stock availability and each Grant Recipient’s preference, to be determined by Canon, in its sole discretion.
14. Subject to Canon’s agreement, the Applicant may use the value of the Grant as a credit towards Canon Product of their choice and if the value of the proposed Canon Product is greater than the Grant, the Applicant must pay the full amount of the difference to Canon before delivery.
15. A limit of one Grant per Grant Recipient will apply.
16. Any Canon Product awarded to the Grant Recipient must be used for the predominant purpose of aiding and documenting the objectives of the Grant Recipient’s project stated in its Application.
17. Canon’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. Canon reserves the right to refuse any Application in its reasonable discretion, including any that are not compliant with these terms, are incomplete or are illegible.
19. By accepting the Grant, Grant Recipients agree to cooperate with Canon and any of Canon’s administrators or agents in any related publicity and promotion as reasonably requested by Canon. This may include interviews, inclusion in the Canon Sustainability Report or feature on the Canon website or Canon’s official social media pages.
20. Canon may use the details of the Applicant’s project and application, including any material provided to Canon, for a period of 5 years from the Grant Recipient’s successful Grant announcement date, in any of its marketing or corporate related activities.
21. Grant Recipients must contact Canon before conducting their own marketing about the Grant, or to obtain a licence to use any Canon trademarks or logos, consent not to be unreasonably withheld.
22. The Grant is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
23. Delivery of Grant is subject to product availability. Canon will use commercially reasonable efforts to deliver the Grant to Grant Recipients as soon as practicable after announcement, and if a product is unavailable, will communicate with Grant Recipients to arrange an alternative.
24. If this program is interfered with in any way or is incapable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated for any reason beyond Canon’s reasonable control, Canon may, in its sole discretion, to the extent the law permits: (a) disqualify an Applicant; or (b) modify, suspend, terminate or cancel this program, as appropriate.
25. Canon reserves the right, at any time, to (a) verify the validity of an Application; (b) verify the Applicant’s details and eligibility under its Application category); and (c) disqualify any Applicant who enters in a way that is not in accordance with these terms.
26. In relation to Canon Products that are defective and are not ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption, Canon limits its liability to its option of:
(a) replacing the products or supplying equivalent products;
(b) repairing the products;
(c) paying the cost of replacing the products or of acquiring equivalent products; or
(d) paying the cost of having the products repaired.
27. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Canon (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential for any loss or damage arising in in connection with the program including: (a) technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Canon’s control); (b) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) Applications that are late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after Canon receipts it) due to any reason beyond Canon’s reasonable control; (d) variation in the Grant value to that stated in these terms; tax liability incurred by the Applicant; or (f) the Applicant’s use of any Canon Product.
28. Canon collects personal information to conduct the program and communicate marketing materials relating to Canon’s business to Applicants (where consented to by the Applicant), and may, for these purposes, disclose that information to third parties, including related suppliers and as required, to Australian authorities. The Applicants consent to Canon’s use of their personal information for these purposes.
30. These terms are governed by the laws of New Zealand and Applicants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of its courts.