1. By entering into this application process, the Applicant agrees to these terms. Information and instructions on how to participate form part of these terms.
2. Applicants must be an individual New Zealand resident, entering on behalf of a group, or a New Zealand legal entity (Applicant).
3. Canon will award $1,000 cash and up to $4,000 value of Canon consumer products (Grant) (consisting of digital cameras, digital video cameras, inkjet and photo printers, binoculars, flatbed scanners, photographic lenses, small-office multifunctional devices) (Canon Product) to a successful Applicant (Grant Recipient) based on these Terms and the application form.
4. The value of Canon Products is determined by the retail price stated in the Canon official online store available at shop.canon.co.nz
Phase 1: Nominations
5. To nominate a potential Applicant, nominators must complete the nomination form via Canon’s online submission page at www.canon.co.nz/grants between 5 June 2018 and 5.00pm 19 June 2018 (Nomination). Nominators may nominate a third party or themselves to be an Applicant.
6. Potential Applicants may be nominated for a Grant in one of the following categories:
a. Environmental Grant: An environmental project with significance to New Zealand (Environmental Category);
b. Education/School Grant: An educational project run by a primary or secondary school (Education Category);
c. Community/Social Grant: A community or social project with significance to a local community provided the project has or will be implemented in New Zealand only (Community Category).
Phase 2: Application
7. On 20 June 2018, Applicants who were nominated will receive an email with information on how to submit an Application for a Canon Oceania Grant. Applicants who did not receive a Nomination may still submit an Application.
8. To apply, Applicants must:
a. complete the application form located on Canon’s website; and
b. provide a pictorial representation of the Applicant’s aims such as a photograph, drawing, collage or artistic representation (Application).
9. Canon must receive Applications via its online submission page at www.canon.co.nz/grants by 5.00pm Friday 20 July 2018.
10. Applicants may only submit one Application per category.
11. Canon recommends Applicants make a copy of their entire Application as they will not be returned.
Phase 3: Judging
12. Canon will judge each Application based on the proposed impact of the project and its uniqueness, and the importance of the Grant and the Canon Product to realising the project’s success, in its sole discretion. Canon will judge Applications solely based on the required application material stated in clause 9. No consideration will be given to any other supporting material or additional pages provided.
13. Based on the above criteria, Canon will short list 3 finalists in each Category (Finalists).
Phase 4: Voting
14. The Finalists’ Applications will be displayed as vote eligible Entries (Entries) on Canon’s website.
15. The voting will open on 17 August 2018 and close at 5.00pm 31 August 2018 (Voting Period).
16. During the Voting Period, members of the public may vote for their favourite Entry. Each visitor may vote for as many Entries as they want, but may only vote once for an Entry. Finalists may vote for their own Entry in accordance with these Terms.
17. Finalists must not attempt to obtain votes for their Entry by any fraudulent or improper means, whether directly or indirectly. Those means may include: (i) offering remuneration, compensation, payment, or other inducements to any person; or (ii) using automated functions to submit, solicit, or garner votes.
18. Canon may verify votes received by a Finalist by any means. Votes received in breach of these Terms will be void. An Entry may be disqualified if a Finalist is found to have benefited from votes received in breach of these Terms.
Phase 5: Announcement of Winners
19. Based on the results of the vote in Phase 4, Canon will award 3 Grants; 1 Grant in the Environmental Category, 1 Grant in the Education Category and 1 Grant in the Community Category (Grant Recipients).
20. Canon will announce the Grant Recipients on 14 September 2018 by direct email to the Grant Recipients and publicly on its website www.canon.co.nz and selected official social media channels (Grant Announcement).
21. Canon will award the specific Canon Product making up the Grant to the Grant Recipients based on Canon’s stock availability and each Grant Recipient’s preference, to be determined by Canon, in its sole discretion.
22. A limit of one Grant per Grant Recipient will apply.
23. Any Canon Product awarded to the Grant Recipient must be used for the predominant purpose of aiding and documenting the objectives of the Grant Recipient’s project stated in its Nomination and Application.
24. The Grant is not transferable or exchangeable and the Canon Product element of the Grant cannot be taken as cash.
25. By accepting the Grant, Grant Recipients agree to cooperate with Canon and any of Canon’s administrators or agents in any related publicity and promotion as reasonably requested by Canon. This may include interviews, videos, inclusion in the Canon Sustainability Report or feature on the Canon website or Canon’s official social media pages.
26. Canon may use the details of the Grant Recipient’s project and Application, including any material or images (with image credit) provided to Canon, for a period of 5 years from the Grant Announcement, in any of its marketing or corporate related activities.
27. If any recognisable person appearing in any Application image Applicants must obtain consent from the person (or their parent or guardian if they are under the age of 18), to submit the Application. Applicants must be able to provide evidence of such consent if requested.
28. Grant Recipients must contact Canon before conducting their own marketing about the Grant, or to obtain a licence to use any Canon trademarks or logos, consent not to be unreasonably withheld.
29. Delivery of Grant is subject to product availability. Canon will use commercially reasonable efforts to deliver the Grant to Grant Recipients as soon as practicable after the Grant Announcement, and if a product is unavailable, will communicate with Grant Recipients to arrange an alternative.
30. If this program is interfered with in any way or is incapable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated for any reason beyond Canon’s reasonable control, Canon may, in its sole discretion, to the extent the law permits: (a) disqualify an Applicant; and/or (b) modify, suspend, terminate or cancel this Grants programme, as appropriate.
31. Canon reserves the right, at any time, to (a) verify the validity of an Nomination or Application; (b) verify the Applicant’s details and eligibility under its Nomination and Application category); and (c) disqualify any Applicant who enters in a way that is not in accordance with these Terms.
32. Canon’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
33. Canon reserves the right to refuse any Application in its reasonable discretion, including any that are not compliant with these Terms, are incomplete or are illegible.
34. In relation to Canon Products that are defective and are not ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption, Canon limits its liability to its option of:
(a) replacing the products or supplying equivalent products;
(b) repairing the products;
(c) paying the cost of replacing the products or of acquiring equivalent products; or
(d) paying the cost of having the products repaired.
35. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Canon (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential for any loss or damage arising in in connection with the program including: (a) technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Canon’s control); (b) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) Applications that are late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after Canon receipts it) due to any reason beyond Canon’s reasonable control; (d) variation in the Grant value to that stated in these terms; tax liability incurred by the Applicant; or (f) the Applicant’s use of any Canon Product.
36. Canon collects personal information to conduct the program and communicate marketing materials relating to Canon’s business to Applicants (where consented to by the Applicant), and may, for these purposes, disclose that information to third parties, including related suppliers and as required, to New Zealand authorities. The Applicants consent to Canon’s use of their personal information for these purposes.
38. All money amounts in these Terms are in New Zealand Dollars inclusive of GST.
39. These Terms are governed by the laws of New Zealand and Applicants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of its courts.
40. The Promotor is Canon New Zealand Limited of Canon House, Akoranga Business Park, Akoranga, Northcote, Auckland 0627 (Company number 438049) Ph: 0800 222 666 (Canon).