20. Based on the results of the vote in Phase 3 and the considerations outlined in paragraph 11, Canon will award one Grant in each Category: 1 Grant in the Community Category and 1 Grant in the Education Category and 1 Grant in the Environmental Category (Grant Recipients).
21. Canon will announce the Grant Recipients on 14 September 2021 by direct email to the Grant Recipients and publicly on its website canon.co.nz and selected official social media channels (Grant Announcement).
22. Canon will award the specific Canon Product making-up the Grant to the Grant Recipients based on Canon’s stock availability and each Grant Recipient’s preference, to be determined by Canon, in its sole discretion.
23. A limit of 1 Grant per Grant Recipient will apply.
24. Any Canon Product awarded to the Grant Recipient must be used for the predominant purpose of aiding and documenting the objectives of the Grant Recipient’s project stated in its Application.
25. The Grant is not transferable or exchangeable and the Canon Product element of the Grant cannot be taken as cash.
26. By accepting the Grant, Grant Recipients agree to cooperate with Canon and any of Canon’s administrators or agents in any related publicity and promotion as reasonably requested by Canon. This may include interviews, videos, inclusion in the Canon Sustainability Report or feature on the Canon website or Canon’s official social media pages.
27. Canon may use the details of the Grant Recipient’s project and Application, including any material or images (with image credit) provided to Canon, for a period of five (5) years from the Grant Announcement, in any of its marketing or corporate related activities.
28. If any recognisable person appears in any Application image, Applicants must obtain consent from the person (or their parent or guardian if they are under the age of 18), to submit the Application. Applicants must provide evidence of such consent at Canon’s request.
29. Grant Recipients must contact Canon before conducting their own marketing about the Grant, or to obtain a licence to use any Canon trademarks or logos, consent not to be unreasonably withheld.
30. Delivery of any Canon Products which make up a part of the Grant is subject to product availability. Canon will use commercially reasonable efforts to deliver the Canon Products to Grant Recipients as soon as practicable after the Grant Announcement, and if a product is unavailable, will communicate with Grant Recipients to arrange an alternative.
31. If this programme is interfered with in any way or is incapable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated for any reason beyond Canon’s reasonable control, Canon may, in its sole discretion, to the extent the law permits: (a) disqualify an Applicant; (b) modify, suspend, terminate or cancel this Grants program; or (c) both, as appropriate.
33. Canon’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. Canon reserves the right to refuse any Application in its reasonable discretion, including any that are not compliant with these Terms, are incomplete or are illegible.
35. In relation to any Canon Products that are defective and are not ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption, Canon limits its liability to its option of:
(a) replacing the products or supplying equivalent products;
(b) repairing the products;
(c) paying the cost of replacing the products or of acquiring equivalent products; or
(d) paying the cost of having the products repaired.
36. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Canon (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential for any loss or damage arising in in connection with the program including: (a) technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Canon’s control); (b) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) Applications that are late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after Canon receipts it) due to any reason beyond Canon’s reasonable control; (d) variation in the Grant value to that stated in these terms; tax liability incurred by the Applicant; or (f) the Applicant’s use of any Canon Product.
37. Canon collects personal information to conduct the program and communicate marketing materials relating to Canon’s business to Applicants (where consented to by the Applicant), and may, for these purposes, disclose that information to third parties, including related suppliers and as required, to Australian authorities. The Applicants consent to Canon’s use of their personal information for these purposes.
) that contains information about access, correction and complaint processes.
39. All money amounts in these Terms are in New Zealand dollars inclusive of GST.
40. These Terms are governed by the laws of New Zealand and Applicants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of its courts.
41. Canon is Canon New Zealand Limited of 28 The Warehouse Way, Northcote, Auckland 0627 Ph: 0800 222 666 (Canon).