Changes in Firmware:
Firmware Version 1.0.4 incorporates the following fixes and improvements:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which a red-colored area may appear at the bottom-center of a captured image when shooting in bulb mode or during a long exposure.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the autofocus may not respond when the autofocus is initiated via pressing the shutter button, the AF-ON button or the AE lock button when configured in the custom control menu.
- Enhances the reliability of communications between the camera and SD card.
- Fixes incorrect wording on the Finnish language menu screen.
Firmware Version 1.0.4 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.3. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.0.4, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first go over the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (file name: 5D400104.FIR / file size: 31,518,640 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
Are the fixes and changes from the previous firmware update also incorporated into the latest firmware version?
Yes, this firmware update incorporates the previous changes and fixes.
(The following is the history of past firmware updates.)
Changes in Version 1.0.3:
- Corrects the phenomenon where color tone varies depending on the metering mode during flash shooting.
- Enhances reliability of communications when using the EF1.4X III or EF2X III extender.
- Corrects the display of the level when the camera is held in the vertical orientation with the camera grip at the bottom.
- Improves the reliability of communication via USB cable when using the Lens Data Registration function with EOS Utility 3.
Changes in Version 1.0.2:
- Enhanced the reliability of communications when updating or registering lens data of the “Digital Lens Optimizer” used in EOS Utility.
- Note: Before registering/updating the “Digital Lens Optimizer” data to the camera, please check that the firmware is Version 1.0.2 (or later).
- If you have no need to update/register this data to the camera, the firmware update is not required.