If CameraWindow does not run, uninstalling (deleting) and reinstalling the software is recommended.
(Uninstalling is the process of deleting unnecessary drivers or software in the event that a problem has occurred.)
1. Move the pointer to the bottom right side of the screen. When the Charms are displayed, move the pointer up to select [Settings]. Then, select the [Control Panel].
2. Click [Uninstall a program].
3. Select [Canon Utilities CameraWindow DC8], and then click [Uninstall/Change].
4. Click [OK] to begin the uninstallation of CameraWindow.
5. If the software is successfully uninstalled, the following screen will appear. Click [OK].
This concludes the process of uninstalling [CameraWindow].
Next, please install the software.
6. Confirm that all open programs have been closed.
7. Download the software from the Canon home page.
8. Double-click on the downloaded file.
9. Double-click the folder extracted from the contents of the downloaded file.
10. Double-Click [CanonDCSxxW.exe].
11. Select the area in which you live.
12. Select the country where you live, and then click [Next].
13. Click [Custom Installation] when the screen below is displayed.
14. Click [OK].
15. When the screen below appears, append CameraWindow with a checkmark (), and then click [Next].
16. Click [Install].
17. Click [Yes] to accept the License Agreement.
18. When the following screen appears, read it carefully, and if you agree to the disclaimers, click [Yes].
19. If the following screen appears, click [Yes].
20. The following screen appears, and installation begins.
21. Click [Next].
22. The following screen appears.
In this example [No, I will register later] has been selected, and [Next] has been clicked.
(To register in CANON iMAGE GATEWAY, select [Yes, I would] and complete the registration procedure.)
23. Click [OK].
24. The following screen appears. Click [Restart] to restart the computer.
If it is not necessary to restart the computer, a [Finish] screen will be displayed.
In this case, please click [Finish].