CANON NEW ZEALAND LTD “MAXIFY 3” WARRANTY
Canon MAXIFY printers
1. The “Maxify 3” warranty is a manufacturer’s warranty that applies only to printers in the Canon MAXIFY range purchased within New Zealand and sourced from Canon New Zealand or the Canon New Zealand distribution channel (see below clause 5) (“the Product”). This warranty is given to the customer in addition to the standard Canon manufacturer’s warranty that comes with the Product. As customers will be required to provide proof of purchase, Canon New Zealand recommends the customer keeps a record of their warranty by registering it on MyCanon (www.canon.co.nz/MyCanon).
2. The (“Warranty Period”) for the Product is 36 months from the date of purchase.
3. Canon New Zealand Ltd (“Canon New Zealand”) warrants that, during the Warranty Period, the Product will, with normal use and service, be free from faulty parts, manufacture or workmanship.
4. This warranty is also to be read together with any benefits that Canon New Zealand must provide to the customer under applicable statute. The customer has rights and benefits under New Zealand consumer laws including the Consumer Guarantees Act and the Fair Trading Act. Without detracting from these rights or benefits, Canon New Zealand excludes all liability in respect of the Product for any other loss which is not reasonably foreseeable from a failure of this Product, which may include liability for negligence, loss of expenditure associated with the Product and loss of enjoyment.
5. This warranty is valid only for Products that are purchased new and unused:
(a) in New Zealand; and
(b) sourced from Canon New Zealand or its distribution channel.
Canon New Zealand’s distribution channel refers to its network of authorised distributors, dealer and retailers. Canon-branded products that have been sourced by end-users, distributors or retailers from any source other than through Canon New Zealand Ltd (including ‘grey’, ‘parallel’ or ‘direct’ imports) are not Canon New Zealand products.
6. The customer must provide the original proof of purchase which demonstrates compliance with the above conditions to receive any services under this warranty.
7. This warranty only applies where a defect has arisen, wholly or substantially, as a result of faulty manufacture, parts or workmanship during the Warranty Period.
8. The warranty does not apply where damage is caused by other factors, including without limitation:
(a) normal wear and tear;
(b) abuse, mishandling, accident or failure to follow operating instructions;
(c) leaking batteries;
(d) exposure to liquid (excluding water in the case of waterproof products) or infiltration of foreign particles;
(e) servicing or modification of the Product other than by Canon New Zealand, or their authorised service agents;
(f) use of the Product with unsuitable ink or toner;
(g) use of the Product with other accessories, attachments, product supplies, parts or devices (including batteries) that do not conform to Canon Inc specifications; or
(h) shipment or other transit.
9. This warranty does not cover:
(a) the replacement of any consumables such as print heads, drums, lamps, ink and toner cartridges and paper;
(b) rubber rollers in scanners;
(c) software included with the Product;
(d) repair or replacement of any Product damaged during transit to or from Canon New Zealand; or
(e) any loss or consequential damage incurred while the Product is being repaired or replaced.
10. Instructions for making a warranty claim are included in the enclosed materials.
MAKING A WARRANTY CLAIM
A. Please see claims process below or call Canon New Zealand 0800 222 666 for more information.
- The customer must inform Canon New Zealand or a Canon New Zealand service agent as soon as the warranty claim arises on 0800 222 666
- The customer may be asked to provide a written description of the fault;
- The customer must send to Canon New Zealand or a Canon New Zealand service agent your original proof of purchase and your written description of the fault (including image samples and any other relevant material); and
- Canon New Zealand will arrange (at its own cost) for the collection of the Product, and return delivery of the Product provided the collection and delivery address are in New Zealand. However, see paragraph C.3 below which deals with reimbursement of such costs if a claim is not valid. If the customer is in doubt, they may opt to arrange for delivery of the product to Canon New Zealand themselves.
B. If the warranty claim is accepted Canon New Zealand will, subject to applicable consumer laws, at its cost:
- replace the Product; or
- if the customer notifies Canon New Zealand of their preference for a repair, Canon New Zealand will repair or replace any faulty parts or rectify any faulty workmanship and return the Product to the customer.
C. If the warranty claim is not accepted, and subject to the Customer’s rights under applicable consumer laws:
- Canon New Zealand will inform the customer; 2. if requested to do so by the customer, Canon New Zealand will repair the Product provided the customer pays the standard charges for such repair; and 3. if applicable, the customer will be responsible for all costs associated with the delivery and collection of the Product to and from Canon New Zealand. Customer agrees that if a warranty claim is submitted but not accepted by Canon New Zealand, Canon New Zealand may bill the customer for reasonable costs incurred in relation to the collection and return delivery of the Product.