1. The Promotion is the Rugby World Cup 2019™ Canon Competition 2019 and is governed by these Terms and Conditions (Terms). Information on how to participate in the Promotion forms part of these Terms. Submission of an Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
2. The Promoter is Canon New Zealand Limited (CN 438049) of Canon House, Akoranga Business Park, Akoranga, Northcote, Auckland 0627. All correspondence in relation to this Promotion should be directed to: email@example.com.
3. The Promotion starts at 9.00am Tuesday 9 April 2019 and ends at 5.00pm on Wednesday 31 July 2019 (the Promotion Period).
4. The Promotion is only open to individual New Zealand residents who are not:
a) employees, or immediate family members of employees, of: the Promoter; companies which are related to the Promoter; or agencies associated with this Promotion; or
b) Canon Masters or Canon Ambassadors.
5. Participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter into this Promotion and to agree to its terms. If the Prize winner is aged 18 or under the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or guardian. If the Prize winner is under the age of 18, their parent or guardian may be required to sign acceptance of these Terms prior to claiming the Prize.
How to enter
6. Each purchase of any Canon product from the Promoter (via shop.canon.co.nz) or its Authorised Dealers (canon.co.nz/support/dealer-locator) during the Promotion Period entitles the purchaser to an entry into the Promotion. A participant may enter a maximum of five times into the Promotion.
7. To enter the Promotion, entrants must:
a) purchase a Canon product from the Promoter (via shop.canon.co.nz) or its Authorised Dealers during the Promotion Period; and
b) complete and submit the online entry form (including proof of purchase) at canon.co.nz/rwc. All entries must be submitted and received by the Promoter by no later than 5.00pm on 31 July 2019.
8. During the Promotion Period, the Promoter may offer the ability to gain entries into the Promotion in addition to those outlined in these Terms.
Prize and Prize Draw
9. All valid entries will be entered into a draw to win a trip for two people to watch the final of Rugby World Cup 2019 in Japan (the Prize). The Prize is made up of:
a) 2 Class A tickets to the final of Rugby World Cup 2019 at the International Stadium Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Yokohama City on 2 November 2019;
b) Return economy class flights, four nights’ accommodation, and transfers for the Winner and their travel companion from the Promoter’s choice of travel provider; and
c) $3,000 of Canon Shop vouchers to be spent on shop.canon.co.nz.
10. The Prize winner and their companion are solely responsible for:
a) ensuring they hold all valid documents (including, without limitation a valid passport and visa to enter Japan) required for any travel that may be necessary; and
b) arranging travel insurance for the duration of their trip.
11. The Prize winner (and their companion) must be available to travel on the dates arranged by the Promoter. If the Prize winner cannot travel on these dates, they will forfeit the Prize. However, the Prize winner acknowledges that due to the nature of the Prize, dates may change for reasons outside the reasonable control of the Promoter. In such case, the winner (and their companion) must be available on any substitute dates provided by the Promoter or its contractors.
12. The Prize draw will be made at the Promoter’s office at 28 The Warehouse Way, Northcote, Auckland on Wednesday 14 August 2019 at 11.00am. The Prize winner will be contacted by email or phone on 15 August 2019, and instructed how to claim the Prize. The Prize winner’s name will be announced on Canon’s website and social media pages within 10 working days of the awarding of the Prize. If the Prize winner cannot be contacted within five days, or cannot provide suitable proof as to eligibility, personal identity or compliance with these Terms, they will forfeit the Prize in its entirety. The Promoter may redraw the Prize. The Promoter’s decision on the winner of the Prize is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. Prizes may not be redeemed for or replaced by cash or credit.
14. The Prize winner and their companion as applicable agree to comply with the terms and conditions applicable to the issue and use of tickets from time to time, which shall be subject to Japanese law, (as available and set out at [TBC] or such other webpage as determined by Rugby World Cup Limited (RWCL) from time to time) and as applicable (i) RWCL, (ii) the tournament organiser (Japan Rugby Football Union (the Tournament Organiser)), and (iii) venue owner or operator’s rules and regulations relating to access to Rugby World Cup venues and any other areas associated with Rugby World Cup (including any Terms of Accreditation determined by RWCL), each of which may be subject to Japanese law. Further each winner and his/her guest(s) acknowledge that he/she may be required to enter into a direct acknowledgement and/or agreement with RWCL and/or the Tournament Organiser concerning use of the tickets and compliance with ticket terms and conditions prior to receiving the prize.
Use of information
15. By entering the Promotion, each entrant grants the Promoter the right to publish their name, and agrees to be photographed and interviewed by the Promoter should they win a Prize. The Promoter may use a Prize winner’s name, photograph and interview on marketing and publicity materials, including, without limitation, on its website and social media pages.
16. The Promoter's decision or exercise of discretion in relation to any aspect of the Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
Other conditions that may disqualify Entrants or impact the Promotion
17. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated by the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention, fraud, or non-compliance with these Terms, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entry and / or entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate, or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Terms. Entries will be disqualified where they are found to be generated by automated, fraudulent, improper means, or otherwise made in a manner which subverts the participation and entry process.
19. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
20. The Promoter uses a commercially reasonable level of skill and care in running the Promotion. However, as with any digital service, the Promoter cannot guarantee that its website will be live or error free all the time.
21. The Promoter collects personal information and email addresses in connection with the Promotion in order to conduct and promote the Promotion, including via emails and online, to entrants. The Promoter may also disclose such personal information to third party service providers, including relevant airlines and accommodation services, marketing and creative agencies, and technology providers, for these purposes, and all entrants consent to such uses and disclosures. Entry into the Promotion is conditional on providing such personal information.
22. The Promoter may pass personal information relating to prize winners to RWCL, DENTSU Inc. and/or the Tournament Organiser (and any of their service providers or agents) for the purposes of monitoring the distribution and use of Rugby World Cup tickets and related experiences and, in the event of a suspected breach of any terms and conditions, rules or regulations of RWCL and/or the Tournament Organiser relating to the use of such tickets and/or experiences, investigating and taking action against such winners.
24. Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 ("Non-Excludable Guarantees").
25. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this Promotion including (but not limited to) out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms; (e) any tax liability incurred by an entrant; (f) use of or enjoyment of the Prize; or (g) any decision of or discretion exercised by the Promoter in relation to the Promotion.
26. The Prize winners and their companion must not, while using any Rugby World Cup tickets, display or publicize any political slogans or homophobic language, images of a lewd or explicitly sexual nature, images containing logos of competitors and overt brand sponsorship or anything else deemed to be ambush marketing or an abuse of the Rugby World Cup, content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable or infringes others’ rights (including intellectual property rights) or reflects negatively upon any of RWCL or the Rugby World Cup. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that any breach of this clause shall cause significant damage and loss to RWCL.
27. Any RRP’s stated in these Terms are accurate as at 1 April 2019.
28. This Promotion is in no way sponsored by or affiliated with YouTube, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram.
29. If any provision of these Terms is unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be severed from these Terms and the remaining Terms will remain in full force and effect.
30. This promotion is run by the Promoter with the permission of RWCL and DENTSU Inc. Accordingly the Promoter is responsible for the operation of and all matters and concerns relating to the promotion, not RWCL or any other persons involved in the staging of Rugby World Cup 2019 (including the Tournament Organiser) and World Rugby (formerly the International Rugby Board), all of whom shall not be responsible for or liable to entrants in any way whatsoever in connection with this promotion.
31. These Terms and the Promotion are governed by the laws of New Zealand. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand over any matter arising out of the Promotion and these Terms.