1. The Promotion is the Canon Cashback Car Giveaway 2020 and is governed by these Terms and Conditions (Terms). Information on how to participate in the Promotion forms part of these Terms. Submission of an entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
2. The Promoter is Canon New Zealand Limited (CN 528512) of Canon House, Akoranga Business Park, Akoranga, Northcote, Auckland 0627. All correspondence in relation to this Promotion should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Promotion starts at 12.01am Monday 13 January 2020 and ends at 11.59pm on Sunday 5 April 2020 (the Promotion Period).
4. The Promotion is only open to individual New Zealand residents and who are not:
a) employees, or immediate family members of employees, of: the Promoter; companies which are related to the Promoter; or agencies associated with this Promotion; or
b) Canon Masters or Canon Ambassadors.
5. Participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter this Promotion and to agree to these Terms. If the Prize winner is aged 18 or under the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or guardian. If the Prize winner is under the age of 18, their parent or guardian may be required to sign acceptance of these Terms prior to claiming the Prize.
How to enter
6. To enter the Promotion, entrants must complete a valid cash back claim in accordance with these Terms. On receipt by the Promoter of a valid cash back claim, the entrant will automatically be put in the draw to win a Toyota RAV-4 in accordance with these terms.
7. This Promotion applies to the products listed in Table 1 that are purchased between 13 January 2020and 5 April 2020 from the Canon Official Online Store (shop.canon.co.nz) or the following Canon New Zealand Authorised Dealers: Warehouse Stationery, Noel Leeming, JB Hifi, Harvey Norman and Office Max (Eligible Product). Purchases of products listed in Table 1 made from any other retailer do not qualify for this promotion.
8. Submission of a valid cash back claim for an Eligible Product will entitle the entrant to the corresponding cashback amount listed in Table 1.
Maxify Printers Cashback Values (NZD)
Pixma Printers Cashback Values (NZD)
- TR4560 $30
- G3600 $30
- G3610 $30
- TS5360 $40
- G4610 $50
- G6060 $50
- G7060 $50
- TS8360 $50
- TS9560 $50
- TR7560 $60
- TR8560 $60
9. Claims must be submitted electronically by:
(i) visiting canon.co.nz/winacar
(ii) providing the requested details including full name, mailing address, a valid email address, and bank account details by 20 April 2020.
(iii) providing a copy of the receipt as proof of purchase of an Eligible Product.
10. It is the entrant’s responsibility to provide correct details and information. Delays and the non-payment of cashback claims that arise because of supplying incorrect details are the entrant’s sole responsibility.
11. On receipt of a valid claim, the cash back will be deposited electronically into the entrant’s nominated bank account within 28 days.
12. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entrants, and to reject any claim that is not submitted in accordance with these Terms conditions.
13. Only two cash back claims may be made per transaction. An entrant (whether an individual or entity) may make a maximum of 4 claims under this Promotion and claims will be processed in the order received by the Promoter.
14. An entrant forfeits their right to a cash back for purchases of products that are subsequently returned under any change of mind policy offered by an authorised retailer. The Promoter may contact its Authorised Dealers and seek information from them on the return of any Canon products during the Promotion for the purposes of this clause.
15. Incomplete, incorrect, indecipherable or illegible claims may be deemed invalid and delays and non-payment of claims arising as a result are the sole responsibility of the entrant. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
16. During the Promotion Period, the Promoter may offer the ability to gain entries into the Promotion in addition to those outlined in these Terms.
Toyota RAV-4 Giveaway Prize and how the winner is chosen
17. On receipt by the Promoter of a valid cash back claim, each entrant will automatically be put in the Prize draw to win a new Toyota RAV 4 GX Hybrid as detailed in paragraph 18.
18. The Prize is a new Toyoya Rav 4 GX Hybrid, which will be supplied with a full tank of fuel, vehicle registration, and Toyota Service Advantage which is made up of:
(iv) 3 year or 100,000km (whichever occurs first) warranty. If scheduled servicing (at the owner’s cost) is met through an Authorised Toyota Dealer or Service Agent, the warranty will be extended for a further 2 years or 50,000km to a total warranty of 5 years or 150,000km (whichever occurs first).
(v) 4 years of AA Roadside Assistance. If scheduled servicing is met at an Authorised Toyota Dealer or Service Agent, an additional year of AA Roadside Assistance will be validated;
(vi) 5 years Warrant of Fitness coverage;
(vii) 5 years capped price servicing coverage for servicing at 1 year or 15,000km, 2 years or 30,000kms, 3 years or 45,000 kms, or 4 years or 60,000kms.
Full details of Toyota Service Advantage are available at www.toyota.co.nz/owners/service-advantage/ .
19. The Prize will be delivered to the Prize winner’s nearest Toyota Dealer for collection by the Prize winner. The Prize does not include insurance for the vehicle and must be arranged by the winner. The Prize’s total value is $41,990 (incl. GST) (as at November 2019).
20. The Prize winner will be drawn at random from all valid Promotion entries on 28 April 2020. The Prize draw will be made at Canon New Zealand, 28 The Warehouse Way, Northcote, Auckland. The Prize winner will be contacted by email or phone and instructed how to claim the Prize. The Prize winner’s name will be announced on Canon’s website and social media pages within ten working days of the awarding of the Prize. If the Prize winner cannot be contacted within five days, or cannot provide suitable proof as to eligibility, personal identity or compliance with these Terms, they will forfeit the Prize in its entirety. The Promoter may redraw the Prize. The Promoter’s decision on the winner of the Prize is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The Prize winner must have a valid driver’s licence in order to pick up the Prize or is otherwise solely responsible for getting a licenced driver to pick it up on their behalf.
22. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable. The Prize may not be redeemed for or replaced by cash, credit, or any other vehicle model.
23. A participant may gain a maximum of four entries into the Prize draw.
Use of information
24. By entering the Promotion, each entrant grants the Promoter the right to publish their name, and agrees to be photographed and interviewed by the Promoter should they win the Prize. The Promoter may use the Prize winner’s name, photograph and interview on its marketing and publicity materials, including, without limitation, on its website and social media pages.
25. The Promoter's decision or exercise of discretion in relation to any aspect of the Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
Other conditions that may disqualify Entrants or impact the Promotion
26. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated by the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention, fraud, or non-compliance with these Terms , the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entry and / or entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate, or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Terms. Entries will be disqualified where they are found to be generated by automated, fraudulent or improper means or otherwise made in a manner which subverts the participation and entry process.
28. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
29. The Promoter uses a commercially reasonable level of skill and care in running the Promotion. However, as with any digital service, the Promoter cannot guarantee that its website will be live or error free all the time.
30. The Promoter collects personal information and email addresses in connection with the Promotion to conduct and promote the Promotion, including via emails and online, to entrants. The Promoter may also disclose such personal information to third party service providers, such as marketing and creative agencies and technology providers, for these purposes. Entrants consent to such uses and disclosures. Entry into the Promotion is conditional on providing such personal information.
32. Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
33. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this Promotion including (but not limited to) out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms ; (e) any tax liability incurred by an entrant; (f) use of the Prize; or (g) any decision of or discretion exercised by the Promoter in relation to the Promotion.
34. RRP’s stated in these Terms are accurate as at November 2019.
35. This Promotion is in no way sponsored by or affiliated with YouTube, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram.
36. If any provision of these Terms is unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be severed from these Terms and the remaining Terms will remain in full force and effect.
37. These Terms and the Promotion are governed by the laws of New Zealand. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand over any matter arising out of the Promotion and these Terms.