RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z with Power Zoom Adapter, RF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM and RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM
• RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z – the ideal choice for a hybrid workflow, allowing seamless transition between shooting stills and video
• Power Zoom Adapters PZ-E2 and PZ-E2B – offering smooth, professional control for the RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z
• RF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM – a compact and lightweight ultra-wide zoom lens
• RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM – the longest-reaching telephoto zoom lens for the RF mount1
Auckland, NEW ZEALAND – 2 November 2023: Canon New Zealand today announces the launch of three new RF lenses and two power zoom adapters that offer a breadth of capabilities for content creators of all levels, broadening their creative possibilities.
Our ultimate hybrid lens with two optional power zoom adapters
RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z marks a significant milestone in lens technology for Canon, one that many photographers and videographers will benefit from. This hybrid, all-in-one lens includes attributes from broadcast, cinema and standard RF lenses to make a versatile lens. It is the first RF zoom lens to combine a dedicated iris/aperture control ring and Servo functionality via optional power zoom adapters.
It is designed to cater to the increased demand within the pro creator community for hybrid shoots encapsulating photo and video content. This feature-rich, professional-level lens is ideal for capturing news, documentaries, corporate work, weddings, events, and social media content.
RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z combines the convenience and reach of the RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens, with the creative and low-light capability of the RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM – meaning there’s no longer a need to choose between these two strengths when seeking the perfect shot. The lens also maintains 5.5-stop optical image stabilisation for excellent image quality (up to 8-stops when combined with in-body image stabilisation2), providing greater stability for handheld movies and high image quality when shooting images in dynamic shooting situations, such as weddings or events. The smooth control iris ring (for video) offers fine control over changing exposure – all paired with an 11-base iris for beautiful bokeh.
The new lens bridges a gap for hybrid lenses, offering professional shooters the flexibility they seek across static and video content.
Key features of the RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z:
• Excellent image quality and weather sealing providing added durability – alongside sharp high-contrast images due to four UD lenses to correct chromatic aberration
• Professional electronic parfocal focus capability and focus breathing suppression to maintain a consistent field-of-view when shooting movies
• Internal zoom operation meaning the barrel length is constant, which is better for rigging, weather resistance, and has a smoother operation
• Smooth iris ring operation with 32 steps between stops (no clicks) and a lock release switch for the 'Auto' position
The features of the RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z lens can be taken even further with the newly launched optional power zoom adapters3, bringing greater flexibility for filmmakers. The power zoom adapters allow for smooth zoom operation and remote control via Canon’s Camera Connect app or EOS Utility.
Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E2B additionally sports a 20-pin zoom/ focus remote connector that allows compatible zoom/ focus demands to be attached for studio or large-scale production environments – and is even compatible with Canon’s Zoom Servo Grip ZSG-C10.
Key features of Power Zoom Adapters PZ-E2 and PZ-E2B:
• Ergonomic grip for comfortable use when attached to the lens
• Optional USB-C external power supply for extended shooting and faster zooming
• Wide tele buttons for smooth zooming
• Zoom speed dial for control over zoom performance
• Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E2B has a 20-pin remote connector compatible with Canon zoom/ focus demands and grip, as well as remote control over an IP network in a multi-cam setup with compatible cameras that support Canon’s XC Protocol
Our most compact and lightweight ultra-wide angle zoom lens4
Cutting-edge for ultra-wide angle photography and videography, the RF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM is designed for APS-C EOS R System cameras and offers a focal range of 10-18mm, making it ideal for travel, landscape, cityscape, and vlogging enthusiasts.
The lens delivers outstanding image stabilisation, providing up to 4-stops of optical image stabilisation and up to 6-stops when combined with in-body image stabilisation5. This gives photographers and video users the ability to shoot handheld with greater confidence, including in low light conditions. High-performing when combined with Movie Digital IS, it's perfect for content creators shooting handheld who want to go wide and fit more in the frame.
Weighing only 150g, this incredibly small and light lens is the ideal travel companion. Creators no longer need to compromise as this lens is great for both stills and video content. Offering superior image quality and performance, it is ideal for capturing stunning ultra-wide-angle shots, effortlessly.
Key features of the RF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM:
• Compact and lightweight design
• Ideal for travel, landscape, and vlogging
• Up to 4-stops of optical image stabilisation and 6-stops combined with in-body image stabilisation5
• A great match for APS-C cameras like the EOS R100, EOS R50, EOS R10, and EOS R7
The longest reaching RF telephoto zoom lens6
RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM is a full-frame super telephoto zoom lens set to transform the world of wildlife and sports photography. With an incredible maximum telephoto focal length reach of 800mm, it is our longest reaching telephoto zoom lens for the RF mount6.
The RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM is reliable in a variety of weather conditions, featuring dust and moisture resistant sealing. Designed for those who want to advance their photography and get closer to the action, this lens is ideal for capturing an amazing shot from afar. Its 5.5-stop image stabilisation (up to 7.5-stops combined with EOS R cameras featuring in-body image stabilisation7), fast autofocus, focal range and optical construction deliver high quality images and videos whilst the zoom has the power to pull small subjects right into the frame.
It is the ideal choice for enthusiasts who want to push the boundaries of wildlife and sports photography, capturing what may not have been possible previously.
Key features of the RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM:
• Unique, super telephoto zoom for wildlife and sports photography, an ideal choice for amateurs and enthusiasts
• Up to 5.5-stops of optical image stabilisation and 7.5-stops combined with in-body image stabilisation7
• Nine-blade aperture for beautiful background rendering, high-quality optical construction, and fast autofocus
• Weather-sealing for use in a variety of conditions
Pricing and availability
All lenses are scheduled to be available in New Zealand from December 2023 and power zoom adapters are scheduled to available from first half 2024.
Pricing will be set at dealers’ discretion.
• RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z – Priced at $5899 RRP (including GST)
• Power Zoom Adapters PZ-E2 and PZ-E2B - Priced at $1999 RRP and $2599 RRP respectively (including GST)
• RF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM – Priced at $699 RRP (including GST)
• RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM – Priced at $3849 RRP (including GST)
The lenses will be supported by Canon New Zealand’s 5-year warranty when purchased from an authorised Canon New Zealand reseller8
1 As at 2 Nov 2023
2 Up to 8-stops with compatible EOS R series cameras with in-body image stabilisation (IBIS)
3 Available for purchase separately
4 As at 2 Nov 2023
5 Up to 6-stops with compatible EOS R series cameras with in-body image stabilisation (IBIS)
6 As at 2 Nov 2023
7 Up to 7.5-stops with compatible EOS R series cameras with in-body image stabilisation (IBIS) and when used at 200mm
8 Applies to purchases made on or after 25th November 2019 in New Zealand from authorised distributors, dealers or retailers.