TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This Promotion is the It’s Time for a Camera Competition and is governed by these Terms and Conditions (Terms). Information and instructions on how to participate form part of these Terms. Submission of an Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
2. The Promoter is Canon New Zealand Limited (CN 528512) of Canon House, Akoranga Business Park, Akoranga, Northcote, Auckland 0627. All correspondence in relation to this Promotion should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The Promotion Period starts at 6:00am, Tuesday 24 July, 2021, and closes at 11:59pm, Sunday October 10, 2021.
4. The Promotion is only open to individual New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over who are not employees, or immediate family members of employees, of the Promoter or its related companies (Participants). Participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter this Promotion and to agree to its Terms. If the Prize winner is under the age of 18, their parent or guardian may be required to sign acceptance of these Terms prior to claiming the Prize.
5. The Promoter will invite submissions based on the brief out lined below on its Instagram (instagram.com/canon.nz/) and TikTok (http://tiktok.com/canonanz) accounts. To enter the Promotion, Participants must:
a. sign up to Canon New Zealand’s monthly publication ‘In Focus’ at canon.co.nz/preference-and-settings/in-focus;
b. post an image or video taken on a smartphone to either of your public Instagram or TikTok profiles based on one of the following briefs:
• Instagram: Show us that you’re ready to graduate to a Canon camera by submitting your best image or video shot on a smartphone; or
• TikTok: Show us that you’re ready to graduate to a Canon camera by submitting your most creative video shot on a smartphone;
c. tag #canonnz, and #itstimeforacamera in your post caption; and
d. follow either @canon.nz on Instagram or @canonanz on TikTok (based on whether your submission is on Instagram or TikTok).
6. Entrants must submit their entries by no later than 11:59, Sunday October 10, 2021.
7. Participants must obtain written consent from any recognisable person appearing in their Entry (or their parent or guardian if the person is under the age of 18), to submit the Entry in this Promotion. The winner may be required to show such written consent to the Promoter as a condition of taking the prize.
8. The Participant confirms their entry is their own original video(s) and or image(s) and have not infringed on any third party intellectual property rights (including copyright) or privacy laws.
9. Entrants who complete the steps set out in clauses 5 – 8 and otherwise with these Terms will go into the draw to win the Prize.
10. Entries are subject to moderation. The Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to take down and exclude from the judging any entry which the Promoter considers breaches Canon New Zealand’s Community Guidelines on Instagram or TikTok.
11. All valid entries will be entered into consideration to win a Prize. All valid entries will be judged by the Promoter on their creativity and whether the entry fits the brief out lined in these Terms. The Promoter will choose two entries to receive a Prize based on these criteria.
12. The judges’ decision on the awarding of the Prizes is final, and no correspondence will be entered.
13. No responsibility is accepted for any entry that is late, lost or misdirected or if the Winner does not claim their Prize in accordance with these terms.
14. Each Prize is a Canon EOS M50 Mark II valued at $1,298.99 RRP.
15. Canon New Zealand has the right to change the Prize at their absolute discretion if for some reason the prize is not available.
16. The two Prize winners will be publicly announced on the Promoter’s Instagram channel at 10:00am, Tuesday September 19, 2021 as well as notified by private message sent to their respective Instagram and TikTok. The Winner may be required to provide personal information (such as a home address or email address) to claim the Prize.
17. If the Winner does not claim the Prize by the time specified in the private message, or if a Winner cannot be contacted; cannot provide suitable proof as to eligibility; or show compliance with these Terms, they will forfeit the prize in its entirety and an alternate Winner will be chosen.
18. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. Prizes may not be redeemed for or replaced by cash or credit.
19. Each Participant warrants to the Promoter that:
a. they have complied with the entry requirements;
b. their Entry does not infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights;
c. no Entry submitted by them will contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and
d. they have and will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
20. Each Participant agrees to indemnify the Promoter from and against all costs, expenses, and claims in connection with a failure by them to comply with clauses 8 and 23.b 23.c.
21. Each Participant agrees that they are fully responsible for each Entry they submit, and is fully responsible for any equipment, materials, licences, or other costs required for or associated with each such Entry. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes any liability, or any costs borne by the Participant in submitting their Entry.
22. This Promotion is in no way endorsed, sponsored or affiliated with Instagram or Tiktok. Each Participant agrees to indemnify Instagram and Tiktok against all costs and claims arising in connection with a failure by them to comply with these Terms, or otherwise arising in connection with this Promotion.
23. By accepting these Terms, the Participants confirms they have reviewed and accepted the Terms and Conditions and Policies of Instagram and TikTok.
24. By entering the Promotion, each entrant grants the Promoter the right to publish their name, and agrees to be photographed and interviewed by the Promoter should they win the Prize. The Promoter may use the Prize winner’s name, photograph and interview on marketing and publicity materials, including, without limitation, on its website and social media pages.
25. The Promoter's decision or exercise of discretion in relation to any aspect of the Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to reject, disqualify, remove, or moderate any entry that it determines, in its sole discretion, does not fit the criteria set out in these Terms.
27. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated by the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Participant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Participant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Terms. Entries will be disqualified where they are found to be generated by automated, fraudulent, improper means, or otherwise made in a manner which subverts the participation and entry process.
29. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
30. In addition to any rights that may be granted by an Entrant in accordance with the terms and conditions of Instagram, by submitting an Entry, Participants grant the Promoter permission to repost any of their Entries (including Instagram or TikTok username/handle) on Instagram, Facebook and/or TikTok. The Promoter agrees to attribute the Participants by their Instagram username.
31. Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 ("Non-Excludable Guarantees").
32. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this Promotion including (but not limited to) out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms; (e) any tax liability incurred by an entrant; (f) use of or enjoyment of the Prize; or (g) any decision of or discretion exercised by the Promoter in relation to the Promotion.
35. All money amounts in these Terms are in New Zealand Dollars inclusive of GST. RRP’s are accurate as at 12 August 2021.
36. If any provision of these Terms is unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be severed from these Terms and the remaining Terms will remain in full force and effect.
37. This promotion is governed by the laws of New Zealand and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.