This firmware update (Version 184.108.40.206 00) incorporates the following enhancements and improvements.
1. Corrects the phenomenon in which the final clip of a recording may be corrupted under the following conditions:
- The main recording format is set to either [ProRes(CFast)] or [ProRes(Capture Drive*1)] .
- The output recording command is set to [On].
- The recording media becomes full.
2. Allows the position of waveform monitor to be changed on the display.
3. PQ HDR BT.2100 output has been added.
4. Fixes an error in the displayed list of shutter speeds when using Browser Remote.
5. Changes the specifications so that when the aspect ratio set for sub recording differs from that set for RAW recording, the MON OUT, HDMI OUT, and VIDEO OUT terminals will output the aspect ratio set for RAW Recording
*1 In the case of using the separately sold CDX-36150 (CODEX Recorder for EOS C700)
- You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 128MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C700 cameras running firmware version 18.104.22.168.00. If your camera’s firmware is already version 22.214.171.124.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- For customers who are using the optional OU-700 Remote Operation Unit, the firmware of the camera and the OU-700 Remote Operation Unit have to be the same. After updating the camera firmware, connect the camera with the OU-700 to update the firmware of the OU-700 from the camera's system settings.
- For further information, please refer to the latest version of the camera’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the Firmware update has been performed, the camera’s menu settings and Custom Picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and Custom Picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the camera’s user manual titled Saving and Loading Camera Settings.
The downloaded firmware folder contains the firmware (File Name: VMB1.FIM, File Size: 113,843,500 bytes) and a procedure manual for updating the firmware (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Please check the firmware update procedure manual carefully before starting update operations.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. A Cinema EOS C700 GS PL camera body
2. A computer (OS: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1 or Mac OS (10.7-10.12). 3. A 128 MB or higher-capacity SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card (both commercially available
\4. An SD card reader-writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot on the computer.
5. Fully charged V-mount battery (commercially available), 14.8 V DC (acceptable range: 12 V to 20 V DC)
6. Power adapter (commercially available, DC IN 12V terminal): 4-pin XLR plug (female connector), 12 V DC (acceptable range: 11.5 V to 20 V DC), 10 A (acceptable maximum load current)
7. The firmware (the downloaded file from Canon website. See link below)