Thank you for using Canon products.
Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 incorporates the following enhancements:
1. Adds ITU-R.BT.709 standard compliant Gamma［BT.709 Standard / BT.709］the to the Custom Picture.
2. Adds [Whole Area] to the AF Frame option so the camera focuses automatically on a subject at the center of the screen.
3. Object or Face Tracking can now be initiated by touching the LCD monitor during ‘Whole Area’ AF.
4. Adds [2x] option to the Magnification.
5. Adds [Mask 100%] to the [Aspect Marker] and [Safe Area Marker].
6. Adds "B&W during Magn." as an option to the Assistance Function menu.
7. Adds View Assist function to video output from the HDMI OUT terminal.
8. Adds EF lenses compatible with EF-EOS R 0.71x Mount Adapter. *¹
EF16-35mm F2.8L II USM
EF16-35mm F4L IS USM
EF24-105mm F4L IS USM
EF70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM
EF70-200mm F2.8L IS III USM
EF70-200mm F4L IS USM
EF70-200mm F4L IS II USM
9. Changes to display the AF frame only when operating the AF, while using with EF-EOS R 0.71x Mount Adapter
10. Adds Wi-Fi adapters tested for use with the camera.
TP-LINK Archer T9UH
*¹ EF-EOS R 0.71 Mount Adapter requires its firmware update.
– Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 512MB or greater to perform the firmware update.
– Firmware version 18.104.22.168.00 is for updating EOS C70 cameras running firmware version 22.214.171.124. If your camera's firmware is already version 126.96.36.199.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
– Please refrain from loading menu settings generated using the most recent firmware version to a product running an old firmware version, as doing so may affect camera operations.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu settings will be reset. It is recommended that, prior to starting update operations, users save their menu settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings."
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VQB1.FIR / file size: 61,131,936 byte), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Prior to starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully review and confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. Camera Body EOS C70
2. A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, SP1, Mac OS X 11.0 - 11.2)
3. SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 512MB or more (commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file from Canon website. See link below)
• EOS C70 Firmware Download Link