Thank you for using Canon products.
This firmware update (Version 220.127.116.11 00) incorporates the following enhancements.
When CN-E70-200mm T4.4 L IS KAS S is attached the following features are enabled:
1. Autofocus using the Dual Pixel CMOS AF function
2. Dual Pixel Focus Guide function.
3. The joystick on the camera's grip unit can be set to operate the zoom.
4. Manual control of the iris with Camera's Control dial.
5. Control of focus, zoom and iris using the separately-sold Remote Controller RC-V100.
6. Automatic aperture and push auto iris functions.
7. Start/stop recording on the separately-sold lens grip ZSG-C10.
8. Retrieval of Lens metadata, such as the model name and the focal distance will display on the camera.
9. Peripheral illumination / chromatic aberration correction.
- You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 64MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware version 18.104.22.168.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C200 cameras running firmware version 22.214.171.124.00-126.96.36.199.00. If your camera's firmware is already version 188.8.131.52.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu and custom picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: xxxx / file size: xxxx bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. An EOS C200 or EOS C200B camera
2. A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.11)
3. SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 64 MB or more (commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file from Canon website. See link below)