Thank you for using Canon products.
Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 incorporates the following enhancement:
1. Support for the separately-sold LCD Monitor LM-V2 has been added.
• Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 512MB or more for the firmware update.
• Firmware version 184.108.40.206.00 is for updating EOS C200 / EOS C200B cameras running firmware version 220.127.116.11.00 – 18.104.22.168.00. If your camera's firmware is already version 22.214.171.124.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VNC6.FIM / file size: 39,287,424 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. An EOS C200 / EOS C200B camcorder
2. A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.15)
3. SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 512MB or more (commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file from Canon website. See link below)
• EOS C200 Firmware Download Link