Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
1. The option to capture full HD movies and 4K UHD movies in 23.98p frame rate has been added.
2. The communication speed has been improved when connected via wired LAN.
3. The “Browser Remote” function has been added.
4. The function to transfer only protected images has been added.
5. Corrects the phenomenon in which, when the electronic level is set to “Show” in the viewfinder display, in rare cases, the camera may freeze when operating the AF-ON button or shutter button.
6. Corrects the phenomenon in which the Custom Shooting Mode settings may change when the shooting mode is switched.
Firmware Version 1.1.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
(1) Once the EOS-1D X Mark III is updated to Version 1.1.0 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.1.0 to 1.0.0).
(2) Camera setting files created with EOS-1D X Mark III cameras running Firmware Version 1.0.0 can be uploaded to EOS-1DX Mark III cameras running Firmware Version 1.1.0.
(3) Camera setting files created with EOS-1D X Mark III cameras running Firmware Version 1.1.0 cannot be uploaded to EOS-1D X Mark III cameras running Firmware Version 1.0.0.
About Browser Remote
(4) When using Safari with iOS 13 or iPadOS 13, multiple images cannot be downloaded.
(5) When using Safari with iOS 13or iPadOS 13, the logged-in state will expire after a while and you will be asked if you want to continue with the session.
Users manual in the WEB is updated accordingly. Please download the manual as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official WEB site.
Preparations for the firmware update:
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (1DX30110.FIR / file size: 80,961,872bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to check the procedure in accordance with the instruction.
Firmware download link: