Firmware Version 2.1.0 incorporates the following improvement and fixes:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which standard exposure may not be obtained, or an irregular exposure may result, when Silent LV (Live View) shooting with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO.
- Changes the maximum number of “Release cycles” displayed from 1,000,000 cycles to 9,999,000 cycles. This value can be checked under the “Camera system information” menu.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which a synchronization failure may occur during multiple flash shooting.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which Error 80 occurs depending on the shutter release timing.
Firmware Version 2.1.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 2.0.9. If the camera's firmware is already Version 2.1.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of the camera, please review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
- Once the EOS-1D X camera is updated to Version 2.0.9, it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.2 through 2.0.8).
- It is recommended that the latest application software*1 be used, once the EOS-1D X is updated to the firmware Version 2.0.3 (or later) from older firmware (Versions 1.0.2 through 1.2.4). Certain previous versions of these applications do not support functions which are added by the new firmware.
You can download the latest application software from our Web site.
- *1: EOS Utility version 2.13.30 or later
- *1: Digital Photo Professional version 3.13.50 or later
- Accompanying the enhancements to the functions, the instruction manual has also been revised. Users are asked to download both the latest firmware and the instruction manual. You can download the latest instruction manual from our Web site.
- As a result of this fix, cameras with Firmware Version 2.0.7 (or later) will not be able to read the "camera settings file" created with cameras running Firmware Version 2.0.3 (or earlier). If you require the "camera settings file", please create it after updating to firmware version 2.0.7 (or later).