Step 1: Check you are eligible by reviewing the qualifying criteria below.
Canon New Zealand will consider your application if you are an eligible organisation and can demonstrate that the prize (50% in retail value and 50% cash) will be used to facilitate an educational, community or environmental project that will benefit the New Zealand community or a small business project to help the business recover from the significant challenges faced in 2019 and 2020.
The Canon Oceania Grants Program does not support:
• Political organisations
• Religious organisations
• Sport organisations
• Requests from individuals who are not sole traders
• Fundraising dinners or events
• Capital building, endowment, or debt reduction drives
• Requests from foreign countries
Applicants may apply for a Grant in one or (where eligible) more of the following categories:
a) Community Grant ($5,000; $2,500 cash and $2,500 product): A project thathas a positive impact on communities affected by natural disaster or the pandemic, encompassing cultural, societal, environmental and sustainability causes. Or a project being run by a primary, secondary or tertiary school/ education institution;
b) Small Business Grant ($10,000; $5,000 cash and $5,000 product): A project that will support small businesses rebuild themselves across any sector (businesses should have 49 or fewer employees at the end of the financial year)
Step 2: If you qualify under the above criteria, please complete the following online application form
Step 3: Please complete all the required fields (denoted by *) and submit on or before Friday 31 July 2020 (late submissions will not be accepted).
• Applicants must be willing to speak with media and provide quotes for media outreach if needed
• Applicants must not announce their win publically (on website or social networks) until given the go ahead from Canon
• Applicants must specify if they've spoken to media about their project before and if so, include who, what when etc.