Personal Use of Site Only
Unless CNZ agrees otherwise in writing, you are provided with access to the Site only for your personal use. You are authorised to print a copy of any information contained on the Site for your personal use, unless such printing is expressly prohibited.
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of the Site; or
- commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of the Site,
without CNZ’s written permission.
The trade marks used on the Site are trade marks of Canon Inc., CNZ’s parent company Canon Australia Pty Limited (“CA”), or CNZ, or third party trade marks which CNZ has permission to use. Nothing on the Site gives you any licence or right to use any trade mark displayed on the Site without the express written permission of Canon Inc., CA, CNZ or the relevant third party (whichever is applicable).
The Site may contain links to web sites which are not owned by CNZ. Such links do not constitute any form of endorsement of the linked sites by CNZ. Your linking to any other such site is entirely at your own risk.
- If you register details of yourself (“User Details”) in order to access particular areas or features of the Site (such as MyCanon, which is administered by CA), it is your responsibility to provide accurate and appropriate details and to keep any passwords confidential.
- You are solely responsible for all activities that occur using your User Details.
- CNZ and CA are entitled to act on instructions received under your User Details, and you release CNZ and CA from any liability arising from any such action.
- Certain areas of the Site (e.g. blogs, competitions, Ratings & Reviews, Ask & Answer) may permit you to submit text, data, photographs, graphics, video or other materials (each a “User Contribution”).
- By submitting a User Contribution, you represent and warrant to CNZ and CA that:
- you are at least 15 years old;
- you own all rights in your User Contribution;
- you are the individual pictured and/or heard in your User Contribution or, alternatively, you have obtained permission from each person (or, in the case of individuals under the age of 15, consent from his/her parent or guardian) to submit the User Contribution and grant the rights to CA and CNZ described here;
- your User Contribution does not infringe:
- the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property rights;
- privacy rights; or
- any other legal or moral rights,
of any third party;
- any information contained in your User Contribution is not known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- your User Contribution does not violate any law;
- your User Contribution is not, and would not reasonably be considered to be:
- defamatory, libellous or hateful;
- racially, ethnically, religiously or otherwise biased or offensive;
- unlawfully threatening or harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- vulgar, pornographic or obscene;
- your User Contribution does not contain any viruses, worms, spyware, adware or other potentially damaging programs or files;
- your User Contribution does not contain or constitute any unsolicited advertising.
- By submitting a User Contribution, (subject to any express written statement by CNZ or CA to the contrary):
- you grant to each of CNZ and CA a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, non-exclusive, worldwide license (with rights to sub-license) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and publish your User Contribution, in whole or in part, in any format or medium, in any manner and for any purpose that CA or CNZ deems appropriate in its sole discretion (including, without limitation, commercial purposes such as advertising and promotion); and
- you agree that CA or CNZ may elect (on particular occasions, or always) not to identify you as the author of your User Contribution in accordance with the moral rights provisions of the Copyright Act 1994.
- CNZ and CA do not guarantee that you will have recourse through CNZ or CA to edit or delete any content you have submitted. However, CNZ and CA reserve the right to refuse to post or remove any User Contribution for any reason.
- You understand and agree that your User Contribution will not be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of CNZ or CA.
- By submitting your email address in connection with any User Contribution, you agree that CNZ, CA and/or their third party service providers may use your email address to contact you about your User Contribution or for other related administrative purposes.
- Whilst CNZ has no reason to believe that any information contained on the Site is inaccurate, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of such information, nor do we undertake to keep the Site updated. We do not accept responsibility for loss suffered as a result of reliance by you upon the accuracy or currency of information contained on the Site.
- Features and specifications of products and services described or depicted on, or available for purchase through, the Site are subject to change without notice.
- Information on the Site has been prepared in accordance with New Zealand law and may not satisfy the laws of any other country.
- CNZ assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable, for any damage to your computer equipment or other property due to your access to, or use of the Site or your downloading of any material from the Site.
- CNZ assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable, for any interruptions or errors in access to the Site or the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, security or reliability of any communications (including, without limitation, any transactions) made through or in relation to the Site.
Exclusions and Limitations of Liability
- CNZ gives no express warranties regarding the Site.
- To the extent permitted by law, CNZ excludes all liability for any loss or damage, however caused (including through negligence), which you may suffer, directly or indirectly, in connection with your use of the Site.
Changes to these Terms
Termination of Access
CNZ may terminate access to the Site at any time without prior notice.
These terms, and all matters arising out of or relating to them, are governed by the laws of New Zealand. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that jursidiction.