Changes in the Firmware Firmware Version 1.1.2 incorporates the following improvements and fixes:
1. Support has been added for chromatic aberration correction, peripheral illumination correction, distortion correction, and Digital Lens Optimizer when using Digital Photo Professional to process RAW images captured with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 17mm f/4L, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO. 2. Fixes a phenomenon in which standard exposure may not be obtained, or an irregular exposure may result, when Silent LV (Live View) shooting with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO. 3. Support for Exif 2.31 has been added. 4. Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera may not function normally when using the Camera Connect application to shoot a high frame rate movie. 5. Fixes a phenomenon in which error 80 may occur when HDR movies are shot using the Remote Live View Shooting function. (Applies only to Canon Log-supported cameras.)
Firmware Version 1.1.2 is for cameras with firmware Version 1.1.0 or earlier. If your camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.2, it is not necessary to update the firmware. When updating the firmware of your camera, please review the instructions thoroughly before you update the firmware. The firmware update takes approximately 4 minutes.
Note: (1) Once the EOS 5D Mark IV is updated to Version 1.1.0 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.1 to 1.0.4). (2) Cameras running Firmware Version 1.1.0 are cameras that have received the charged upgrade service to support Canon log at a Canon service center. Canon Log support will not be affected on cameras running Firmware Version 1.1.0 that are updated to Firmware Version 1.1.2 being released this time. For cameras running Firmware Version 1.0.4 or earlier, even if the firmware is updated to Version 1.1.2, Canon Log will not be supported. Users who wish to have their camera support Canon Log are asked to make a request for the charged upgrade service at a Canon service center. (3) When using Version 4.7.10 (or earlier) of Digital Photo Professional to edit JPEG/RAW images captured with a camera updated to Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later), some of the Exif data may be deleted. In addition, chromatic aberration correction, peripheral illumination correction, distortion correction, and Digital Lens Optimizer cannot be used when processing RAW images captured using a TS-E lens (TS-E17mm f/4L, TS-E24mm f/3.5L II, TS-E50mm f/2.8L Macro, TS-E90mm f/2.8L Macro, or TS-E135mm f/4L Macro). Please be sure to update Digital Photo Professional to Version 4.7.20 (or later) before performing image processing.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
Macintosh After the downloaded compressed file (.dmg) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
*Extracting the downloaded file: The downloaded folder is automatically extracted, and a firmware folder is created. If the download folder cannot be automatically extracted, double-click the folder. The extracted folder contains the firmware (File name: 5D400112.FIR / File size: 31,689,600 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese).
Before starting the firmware update operations, please confirm the contents of the download, and carefully read through the firmware update procedures.
(The following is the history of past firmware updates.)
Q: Are the improvements from previous firmware versions included in Firmware Version 1.1.2? A: Yes, the following improvements from the previous version are included:
(Previous) Version 1.0.4 improvements:
1. Fixes a phenomenon in which a red-colored area may appear at the bottom-center of a captured image when shooting in bulb mode or during a long exposure. 2. Fixes a phenomenon in which the autofocus may not respond when the autofocus is initiated via pressing the shutter button, the AF-ON button or the AE lock button when configured in the custom control menu. 3. Enhances the reliability of communications between the camera and SD card. 4. Fixes incorrect wording on the Finnish language menu screen.
(Previous) Version 1.0.3 improvements:
1. Corrects a phenomenon in which the color of images varies depending on the metering mode selected during flash shooting. 2. Improves the reliability of communication when using the EF1.4X III or EF2X III extender. 3. Corrects the level display when the camera is held in the vertical orientation with the hand grip pointing downward. 4. Improves the reliability of communication via USB cable when using the Lens Data Registration function with EOS Utility 3.
(Previous) Version 1.0.2 improvements:
1. Improves communication reliability when using EOS Utility to register/update* new Digital Lens Optimizer. Note: *Confirm that the camera firmware is Version 1.0.2 (or later).
File Name : eos5d4-v112-mac.dmg File Type : FA File Size : 33473211KB
Canon Driver Downloads is for the support of Canon Products SOLD IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND ONLY. It includes drivers and demonstration software for Canon brand printers, scanners, cameras and other Canon products.
DISCLAIMER: CANON AUSTRALIA PTY LTD MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. CANON AUSTRALIA PTY LTD SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
Export: Some of the software is subject to export controls under the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and anyone receiving the software cannot export the software without a license or other authorisation of the U.S. Canon will not be liable for any loss of whatsoever nature incurred as a result of this prohibition.
Applicable software includes;
- Software using OS created by US companies
- Driver software (printer driver, fax driver),
- Utility software (Network ScanGear),
- Application software (imageWARE products),
- Support tool (SST, NAVI, etc)
- Firmware of the device (main body)
and any further software that may from time to time be added to this list.