Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancement and fixes:
1. Enables NFC connection with smartphones running Android 10 operating system. *For Android running v6.0 or later, use Camera Connect v2.7.10 or later. *For Android running v5.0 or older, use a connection method other than NFC. 2. Fixes a phenomenon where, in rare cases, the camera may not autofocus at the edges of the image area. 3. Fixes a phenomenon in which, when using a Web service, if a camera is registered that is the same model as a camera that had already been previously registered, the registration data of the previously registered camera is overwritten. 4. Fixes a phenomenon in which, with [Display settings: Manual/Screen] set, when the camera’s LCD screen is closed, after connecting to EOS Utility, the Remote Live View window is not displayed correctly in some cases.
This firmware update is for cameras equipped with firmware up to Version 1.0.3. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.0, this update is unnecessary.When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly.
Q&A: Preparations for a firmware update: After the downloaded compressed file (.dmg file) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
*Extracting the downloaded file: The downloaded folder is automatically extracted, and a firmware folder is created. If the download folder cannot be automatically extracted, double-click the folder.
The extracted folder contains the firmware (File name: CCF19110.FIR, File size: 32,282,432 bytes), firmware update file (File name: CCF19.DAT, File size: 4,112 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese).
(The following is the history of past firmware updates.)
Q: Are the improvements from previous firmware versions included in Firmware Version 1.1.0? A: Yes, the following improvements from the previous version are included:
Changes in version 1.0.3: 1. Corrects a PTP communications vulnerability. 2. Corrects a vulnerability related to firmware update.
Changes in version 1.0.2: 1. Improves reliability of communication with external flashes.
Changes in version 1.0.1: 1. Fixes a phenomenon in which some images captured with the Adobe RGB color space may not successfully transfer to a smartphone. 2. Fixes a phenomenon in which some JPEG images, that were converted from RAW images may not successfully transfer to a smartphone.
File Name : M50-KissM-v110-mac.dmg File Type : FA File Size : 34017076KB
Canon Driver Downloads is for the support of Canon Products SOLD IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND ONLY. It includes drivers and demonstration software for Canon brand printers, scanners, cameras and other Canon products.
DISCLAIMER: CANON AUSTRALIA PTY LTD MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. CANON AUSTRALIA PTY LTD SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
Export: Some of the software is subject to export controls under the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and anyone receiving the software cannot export the software without a license or other authorisation of the U.S. Canon will not be liable for any loss of whatsoever nature incurred as a result of this prohibition.
Applicable software includes;
- Software using OS created by US companies
- Driver software (printer driver, fax driver),
- Utility software (Network ScanGear),
- Application software (imageWARE products),
- Support tool (SST, NAVI, etc)
- Firmware of the device (main body)
and any further software that may from time to time be added to this list.