1. The Canon Pro Photographer Grant 2021 (Grant) is being run by Canon New Zealand Limited, 28 The Warehouse Way, Northcote, Auckland (Canon), 0800 222 666. The Grant is open for submissions to eligible entrants between 1 July 2021 and 31 August 2021 and the Winner must complete their project by 28 February 2022.
2. Information on how to participate in the Grant forms part of these Terms and Conditions (Terms). Submission of an Entry into the Grant is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
4. Grant entrants must be:
a. a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident (Entrant); and
b. either own a photography business that is registered for GST purposes; or work in a full time capacity as a paid, professional photographer.
Canon reserves the right to confirm each Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Grant.
5. Each Entrant must submit as part of their Grant entry (Entry):
a. a brief detailing the personal photography project they want to undertake should they be awarded the Grant. The brief must include the intent, scope, look and feel, end result and timeline of their personal project; and
b. an example photograph of the personal project they want to undertake.
6. Entrants may submit a maximum of two entries. Entries must be submitted via the portal on [canon.co.nz/progrants].
7. Entries may be submitted from 1 July 2021 and must be received by Canon by no later than 11.59pm on 31 August 2021. Entries received after this time will not be accepted. No responsibility is taken by Canon for late, lost or misdirected Entries. Canon’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Grant is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Each Entry will be judged by a panel made up of three Canon representatives.
9. The Entrants of the top five Entries’ as judged by Canon and industry professionals may be invited to attend a phone discussion of their Entry.
10. Canon will choose a winner of the Grant from the top five Entries (the Winner). The Winner will be announced on 30 September 2021 and contacted by Canon. If the first chosen Winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the Grant within 14 days of notification by Canon, they will forfeit the Grant and Canon may choose another winner of the Grant. Canon’s discretion and decision in this regard is final.
11. Subject to fulfilling their obligations under these Terms, the Winner will receive a total of ten thousand dollars (including GST if any) paid in two instalments:
a. Following acceptance of the Grant by the Winner, the Winner of the Grant will receive five thousand dollars ($5,000) (including GST, if any) cash; and
b. following submission of their Portfolio and meeting the requirements set out in clauses 12 to 15 of these Terms, the Winner will receive a further five thousand dollars ($5,000) cash (including GST, if any).
12. The Winner will have five months to complete their personal project as detailed in their Entry. The Winner must by no later than 28 February 2022 submit to Canon a portfolio based on their Entry and proposed personal project made up of:
a. a minimum of six images; and
b. a biography of their personal project, together, the Portfolio.
13. The Winner must shoot their Portfolio on Canon equipment. To facilitate execution of the Portfolio, the Winner may request the use of Canon loan equipment from Canon. Any request is subject to equipment availability and acceptance of Canon’s standard loan terms and conditions.
14. Submission of the Winner’s Portfolio is subject to acceptance by Canon. Submissions deemed below that of the professional standard expected by Canon may be rejected at Canon’s sole discretion.
15. If the Winner’s Portfolio is acceptable to Canon, Canon will work with the Winner to produce six A1 exhibition quality prints showcasing the Winner’s Portfolio.
16. Subject to the Winner submitting a Portfolio acceptable to Canon in all respects (including in accordance with clauses 12, 13, 18 and 20) the Winner will receive a further five thousand dollars ($5,000) cash (including GST, if any).
17. The Grant is not substitutable for cash and is not transferable in any way.
18. Canon reserves the right at its discretion to amend the Grant as it sees fit. Canon reserves the right to withdraw the Grant should the Winner violate these Terms.
19. Entries (including the Winner’s Portfolio) must be in good taste and must not contain any material that is discriminatory, racist, hateful, violent, threatening, abusive, defamatory, libellous, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent, offensive, unlawful or sexually explicit, . Canon reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any Entry and the Winner’s Portfolio if they do not meet these requirements.
20. Employees of Canon, their Agencies and their immediate families are not eligible to enter to the Grant.
21. Each Entrant warrants that their Entry is their own original work and does not infringe any third parties rights, including, but not limited to, copyright or other intellectual property rights, including moral rights. Each Entrant retains copyright in their Entry. The Winner warrants that they have obtained any permission and / or releases from any the models / talents and / or any other third party depicted in their Portfolio so that Canon can use the Portfolio as contemplated in these Terms.
22. In consideration for the prizes awarded to the Winner as set out in clauses 9 and 13, the Winner grants Canon the right to use the Portfolio and reproduce, display, publish, distribute, edit and otherwise use the contents of the Portfolio on or in any media including but not limited to digital and social media to promote:
a. the Grant;
b. Canon, including within Canon’s product showrooms; and the ‘Canon Brand Story’ in external publications and customer / client sales documents.
The Winner will be credited in any use of the portfolio or exhibition by Canon.