1. The Canon Pro Photographer Grant 2018 (Grant) is being run by Canon New Zealand Limited, 28 The Warehouse Way, Northcote, Auckland (Canon), 0800 222 666. The Pro Grant is being held between 24 December 2017 and 28 November 2018 and is open to eligible entrants (defined in clause 4 below).
2. Information on how to participate in the Pro Grant forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Submission of an Entry into the Pro Grant is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. All Entrant’s information is being collected for the purposes of the Grant and Canon’s privacy notice
sets out Entrant’s rights in full in relation to your personal information.
4. Entrants of the Grant must:
- a. be a New Zealand permanent resident or citizen; and
- b. either own a photography business that is registered for GST purposes; or work in a full time capacity as a paid, professional photographer.
Canon reserves the right to confirm each Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Grant.
5. Each Entrant must submit as part of their Grant entry (Entry):
- a. a brief detailing the personal photography project they want to undertake should they be awarded the Grant. The brief must include the intent, scope, look and feel, end result and timeline of their personal project; and
- b. an example photograph of the personal project they want to undertake.
6. Entrants may submit a maximum of two entries. Entries must be submitted via the portal on canon.co.nz/progrant
7. Entries must be received by Canon by no later than 2 May 2018. Entries received after this time will not be accepted. No responsibility is taken by Canon for late, lost or misdirected Entries. Canon’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Grant is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Each Entry will be judged by a Canon representative and two industry professionals.
9. The Entrants of the top five Entries’ as judged by Canon and industry professionals may be invited to attend a phone discussion of their Entry.
10. Canon will choose a winner of the Grant from the top five Entries (the Winner). The Winner will be announced on 28 May 2018 and contacted by Canon. If the first chosen Winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the Grant within 14 days of notification by Canon, they will forfeit the Grant and Canon may choose another winner of the Grant. Canon’s discretion and decision in this regard is final.
11. Following acceptance of the Grant by the Winner, the Winner of the Grant will receive five thousand dollars ($5,000) cash.
12. The Winner will have six months to complete their personal project as detailed in their Entry. The Winner must by no later than 28 November 2018 submit to Canon a portfolio based on their Entry and proposed personal project made up of:
- a. a minimum of six images; and
- b. a biography of their personal project, together, the Portfolio.
13. Submission of the Winner’s Portfolio is subject to acceptance by Canon. Submissions deemed below that of the professional standard expected by Canon may be rejected at Canon’s sole discretion.
14. If the Winner’s Portfolio is acceptable to Canon, Canon will work with the Winner to produce six A1 exhibition quality prints showcasing the Winner’s Portfolio.
15. Subject to the Winner submitting a Portfolio acceptable to Canon in all respects (including in accordance with clauses 10, 11, 16 and 18) the Winner will receive a further five thousand dollars ($5,000) cash.
16. The Grant is not transferable in any way.
17. Canon reserves the right at its discretion to amend the Grant as it sees fit. Canon reserves the right to withdraw the Grant should the Winner violate these terms and conditions.
18. Entries (including the Winner’s Portfolio) must be in good taste and must not contain any material that is discriminatory, racist, hateful, violent, threatening, abusive, defamatory, libellous, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent, offensive, unlawful or sexually explicit. Canon reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any Entry and the Winner’s Portfolio if they do not meet these requirements.
19. Employees of Canon, their Agencies and their immediate families are not eligible to enter to the Grant.
20. Each Entrant warrants that their Entry is their own original work and does not infringe any third parties rights, including, but not limited to, copyright or other intellectual property rights, including moral rights. Each Entrant retains copyright in their Entry. The Winner warrants that they have obtained any permission and / or releases from any the models / talents and / or any other third party depicted in their Portfolio so that Canon can use the Portfolio as contemplated in these Terms.
21. For the sole purposes of the promotion and acknowledgement of the Grant and to fulfil obligations under these Terms, in consideration for the prizes awarded to the Winner as set out in clauses 9 and 13, the Winner grants Canon the right to use the Portfolio and reproduce, display, publish, distribute, edit and otherwise use the contents of the Portfolio on or in any media including but not limited to digital and social media. The Winner will be credited in any use of the portfolio or exhibition by Canon.
22. Any tax liability (including without limitation any liability for fringe benefits tax, GST, payroll tax or income tax), or any associated reporting requirement, penalties or interest, which an Entrant or their employer may incur as a result of entering the Grant will be the responsibility of the Entrant and/or their employer. Canon accepts no responsibility for any tax liability of the Winner.
23. The winning submission must be shot on using Canon equipment.