You can email your brief to email@example.comEmail us
You can post your brief to us at:
Personal Project Canon New Zealand Po Box 33-336 Takapuna 0740 Auckland
You can courier drop your brief to us at:
Personal Project Canon New Zealand 28 The Warehouse Way Northcote 0627 Auckland
1. The Canon Professional Photographer Grant 2016 (Grant) is being run by Canon New Zealand Limited, 28 The Warehouse Way, Northcote, Auckland (Canon), 0800 222 666.The Grant is being held between 14 September 2016 and 30 June 2017 and is open to eligible entrants (defined in clause 3 below).
3. Entrants of the Grant must:
a. be a New Zealand permanent resident or citizen; and
b. either own a photography business that is registered for GST purposes; or work in a full time capacity as a paid, professional
photographer.Canon reserves the right to confirm each Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Grant.
4. Each Entrant must submit as part of their Grant entry (Entry):
a. a brief detailing the personal photography project they want to undertake should they be awarded the Grant. The brief must include the intent,
scope, look and feel, end result and timeline of their personal project; and
b. an example photograph of the personal project they want to undertake.
5. Entries must be received by no later than 25 November 2016. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.No responsibility is taken by Canon for late, lost or misdirected Entries. Canon’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Grant is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Each Entry will be judged by a Canon representative and Pro Photographer magazine representative.
7. The Entrants of the top five Entries’ as judged by Canon and Pro Photographer magazine will be invited to attend a discussion of their Entry with representatives from Canon, Pro Photographer magazine, and an industry representative.
8. Canon will choose a winner of the Grant from the top five Entries (the Winner).The Winner will be announced on 20 December 2016.If the first chosen Winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the Grant within 14 days of notification by Canon, they will forfeit the Grant and Canon may choose another winner of the Grant.Canon’s discretion and decision in this regard is final.
9. The Winner of the Grant will receive:
a. five thousand dollars cash;
b. the loan of a Canon EOS 5D Mark IV (body only) and a Canon EF24-105 lens (or lens of equal value, subject to Canon approval and availability)
for the purpose of completing their personal project.
10. The Winner will have six months to complete their personal project as detailed in their Entry. The Winner must by no later than 30 June 2017 submit to Canon a portfolio based on their Entry and proposed personal project made up of:a minimum of six images shot using the loaned Canon EOS 5D Mark IV; anda biography of their personal project (the Portfolio).
11. Submission of the Winner’s Portfolio is subject to acceptance by Canon. Submissions deemed below that of the professional standard expected by Canon may be rejected at Canon’s sole discretion.
12. If the Winner’s Portfolio is acceptable to Canon, the Winner’s Portfolio will be published in a future edition of the Pro Photographer magazine (subject to editing).Two of the Winner’s images submitted with their Portfolio may be used by Canon in celebration and marketing of the Grant.
13. Subject to the Winner submitting a Portfolio acceptable to Canon in all respects (in accordance with clauses 9, 10, 11 and 17) the Winner will receive: A further five thousand dollars cash ; Ownership of the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV and Canon EF24-105 lens; and Showcase of the Winner’s portfolio in Pro Photographer magazine.
14. The Grant is not substitutable for cash and is not transferable in any way.
15. Canon reserves the right at its discretion to amend the Grant as it sees fit. Canon reserves the right to withdraw the Grant should the Winner violate these terms and conditions.
16. Entries (including the Winner’s Portfolio) must be in good taste and must not contain any: sexually explicit or offensive content; defamatory content. Canon reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any Entry and the Winner’s Portfolio if they do not meet these requirements.
17. The Winner of the Grant is responsible for ensuring that the equipment lent to them by Canon for the purposes of this Grant is insured, stored securely, and maintained while in their care and possession. Risk in the equipment will pass to the Winner on receipt of the equipment and will pass back to Canon following Canon’s confirmation that the equipment has been received back in satisfactory condition.
18. Employees of Canon, their Agencies and their immediate families are not eligible to enter to the Grant.
19. Each Entrant warrants that their Entry is their own original work and does not infringe any third parties rights, including, but not limited to, copyright or other intellectual property rights, including moral rights.Each Entrant retains copyright in their Entry.The Winner warrants that they have obtained any permission and / or releases from any the models / talents and / or any other third party depicted in their Portfolio so that Canon and Pro Photographer can use the Portfolio as contemplated in these Terms.
20. For the sole purposes of the promotion and acknowledgement of the Grant and to fulfil obligations under these Terms, in consideration for the prizes awarded to the Winner as set out in clauses 9 and 13, the Winner grants Canon and Pro Photographer magazine the right to use the Portfolio and reproduce, display, publish, distribute, edit and otherwise use the contents of the Portfolio on or in any media including but not limited to digital and social media.The Winner will be credited in any use of the Portfolio by Canon and Pro Photographer magazine.
21. Any tax liability (including without limitation any liability for fringe benefits tax, GST, payroll tax or income tax), or any associated reporting requirement, penalties or interest, which an Entrant or their employer may incur as a result of entering the Grant will be the responsibility of the Entrant and/or their employer. Canon and Pro Photographer accepts no responsibility for any tax liability.